ricoishere

DIY Lily Pipe on APC

Post by ricoishere »

Rome wasn't built in a day

I can grow any algae!

:roll:
Cristy Keister

Post by Cristy Keister »

Great project! I've made my own spray bars and intakes, but this looks pretty neat. Given the ability to blow a bubble in the acrylic brings to mind some other possibilities, like maybe a CO2 diffuser... :idea:

What's the advantage of the lily pipe shape?
ricoishere

Post by ricoishere »

I've made my own spray bars, not difficult at all. I've also bent, shaped PCV. Never worked with acrylic though. I guesss the shape has to do with aesthetics, and less water turbulene. Who knowsc? I'm not there yet.

I can grow any algae!

Conagher

Post by Conagher »

I had never heard of one of those lily pipes before. Is it just another type of water discharge device (like a spray bar). If so, what are the advantages of one over a spray bar? Smaller (and transparent) component in the tank itself?

With my tanks having the back glass painted black, I have just made my spray bars out of black plastic to make it as unnoticeable as I could and called it good.
ricoishere

Post by ricoishere »

Conagher wrote:I had never heard of one of those lily pipes before. Is it just another type of water discharge device (like a spray bar). If so, what are the advantages of one over a spray bar? Smaller (and transparent) component in the tank itself?

With my tanks having the back glass painted black, I have just made my spray bars out of black plastic to make it as unnoticeable as I could and called it good.
Seems lile you're right. Just more decorative, and water flows into aquarium vs. sprayed. I guess the focus is more on plants.

I can grow any algae!

Rick Dotson

Post by Rick Dotson »

Looks like a fun project. Has anyone been to the old Reid Plastics in Rockville lately? I was wondering if they were even there anymore. Got bought out and the name changed, I am wondering of they moved the store to Greenbelt. Not that that is the end of the world but pretty close.

They sold lots of sheet and tube plastics which could be used for endless projects. Any of you Maryland people know what happened to them?

Sponsors