Background

Why buy when you can DIY?
DonkeyFish

Post by DonkeyFish »

I have an actual flat black vinyl...not sure that it would look any different than the regular black since you're actually seeing the backside. I'll check it out though and see.

I will bring samples of the stuff and whatever "orders" anyone has. I could do some sort of demo if anybody wants to watch, LOL

Joe--did you want me to bring to the meeting or send in the mail? Either way is fine by me.
It is not murder if you're killing snails.
jcali10

Post by jcali10 »

Yes, bring to the meeting please. Unless something unexpected comes up, I should be there. Thanks.
Joe
kerokero

Post by kerokero »

I'd be interested in seeing color swatches at the meeting... I've played with that stuff before I think, and if it's the same stuff I love it for this application. Much easier to change and remove than the paint (which I've also done, but I hate when it chips off a bit when I move tanks around too much). You should sell this stuff online for fish tanks too ;)
Best, Corey
DonkeyFish

Post by DonkeyFish »

Is anyone looking for a color other than black, white, or frosted? We've got probably 8 different blues...

Corey this is probably the same stuff. It won't chip off, but if can sorta tear if you poke at it hard enough and drag it will sorta wrinkle back...but you really have to try hard to get that to happen. :)

I probably should sell it, huh? Is that something for Aquabid?
ingg

Post by ingg »

And forums, I'll send you some if you are interested.

Blues will be popular, dark ones.
Dave
DonkeyFish

Post by DonkeyFish »

I guess send 'em along. Unless anybody wants to be my sales rep :) I'll cut you in on the profit, say 10%? What's 10% of no profit anyways? LOL

I'll bring a bunch of blues with me. Honestly I'll probably just bring whatever we have in the sample book since it will be easier to grab. I'd love for someone to do a "Rubber Ducky Yellow" background, heehee!
maddog10

Post by maddog10 »

You will want to have photos showing the colors. I bet it would sell pretty good online. Just get dimensions for popular size tanks and already have it priced. Then you can charge extra for custom sizes.

You are going to be rich!!!!
DonkeyFish

Post by DonkeyFish »

Rich?? Really? Wow.
I promise to not forget all you little people when I'm famous and stuff. LOL!

BTW, had I known this thread would be so popular I would have said something a looong time ago! To me it's just stupid stuff I work with all the time :wink:
eleontie

Post by eleontie »

DonkeyFish wrote:BTW, had I known this thread would be so popular I would have said something a looong time ago! To me it's just stupid stuff I work with all the time :wink:
At least you found a way to relate the two thanks to this thread. Could anyone tell me how to relate microprocessor security research and aquascaping :) ?

Eugen
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

At least you found a way to relate the two thanks to this thread. Could anyone tell me how to relate microprocessor security research and aquascaping :) ?
Shew! Usually I'm the one to go and geek things up, thanks Eugen!

Sponsors