Building a new Fish room

Lighting, filtration etc
turfboss

Building a new Fish room

Post by turfboss »

Is this the place to document a DIY build of my new fish room??

Seems to me the tank journals section is more focused on the aquascaping of a tank rather than a major project to build out and automate a fish room.

It may also be more appropriate for me to do this on the CCA or PVAS website forums rather than here since we are more focused here on the plant side of the hobby. Inputs??
Jeff120
Site Admin

Re: Building a new Fish room

Post by Jeff120 »

Sure! I know I would enjoy seeing the documentation, and I can live vicariously through you!
Jeff U.

jweis

Post by jweis »

I always like to see other people's projects too. George, you might look back to Feb 2011's notes to see how the speaker that month outfitted his fishroom. He had some good water change ideas.
Julie
37g planted, 11g planted, and three 5.2g planted shrimp tanks.
turfboss

Post by turfboss »

Thanks Julie - Will look up your suggestions - have been talking with Chris Oleary about the air and electrical distribution systems as well as lighting and tracking Ted Judy's (as well as other individuals) fish room developments for overall structuring and automating water changing suggestions. \

I want to pick Eugen's brain ultimately for the RaspPi control and automation of temperature - water changes - and ultimately growing plants successfully with testing for water chemistry and automating ferts and CO2 distribution (as well as initiating feeding, water changes and lighting controls - long term project here - first steps are the air, electricity and making the water changes easier (even if not automated).
turfboss

Post by turfboss »

Jeff - vicarious living can really get you in trouble - you know that right :)

Sponsors