Help with Regulator Setup?

Lighting, filtration etc
gills

Help with Regulator Setup?

Post by gills »

I have had some really bad luck getting my regulator setup since I filled my tank for the second and third time. Would anyone be interested in some extra Christmas Cash and be willing to help me out? I can't seem to hook up without a slow gas leak or having the thing siphon the water out...not sure how this even happened! =( Ghazanfar helped me out the first time and it worked like a charm, but I haven't been able to duplicate that!

The catch is that I live in Ashburn. I am totally willing to pay gas money! I just want my tank looking better for the holidays...and that is soon!

Anyone willing? Help!

Susan :o
Jeff120
Site Admin

Post by Jeff120 »

OH NO!! What type of regulator do you have Susan? As far as the siphon goes you need to get a check valve on the line brass seems to work the best and is the most reliable but a plastic one will work too. Without being there, when you set up your regulator and get it running, spray all connections with soapy water or windex, if it bubbles you have leak there, spray around all gauges and where it connects to the bottle.
Jeff U.

Ghazanfar Ghori
Site Admin

Post by Ghazanfar Ghori »

I don't know if I'll have time to swing by, but if you want to drop by
some evening with your CO2 bottle and regulator I'll teach you how
to hook it up.
gills

Post by gills »

Ghazanfar...that would definitely work for me! What works best for you? Would tomorrow evening (Tuesday) work for you? Thanks in advance!
Ltrepeter2000

Post by Ltrepeter2000 »

Ghaz

I will need to set up the same kind of visit with you when I get home. Want to make sure that I have everything I need and am doing it right. It will have to wait until after I get back from Atlanta. No need to experiment right now being gone so much.

Thanks
Rob
Robert Peterson
"Mr. Sarcastic"

The work will wait while you show a child a rainbow,
but the rainbow wont wait while you do the work

-Unknown-
gills

Post by gills »

Ghazanfar...I spoke with Fins and Feathers yesterday and they think the regulator is probably broken and they are replacing free of charge since I purchased it there...so they said they will take care of things for me. So thanks again for everything! Hopefully it is not user error and it is the regulator! (They said that they have had to return 6 out of 10 of them that people have purchased. I don't recall the brand off top of my head.)

I'll let you know how it goes!

Susan

Sponsors