Desperate Help Needed!

Lighting, filtration etc
gills

Desperate Help Needed!

Post by gills »

So, I walked down into the basement where I have my 55 gallon tank two days ago and it only had 3 inches of water in it! =0

Evidentally what has happened is I set up the regulater on the CO2 tank incorrectly and once it built up enough pressure it started leaking! So, in 24 hours about 45 gallons of water was quietly sitting in my carpet in our family rec. room floor! =( (Off to Home Depot to rent the Rug Doctor I went!)

All my fish survived and I currently just don't have the CO2 tank hooked up. But, my plants are struggling.

Can I plead for someones assistance to come over and set it up for me? I'm hoping I didn't ruin my regulator! Everything seemed to be working fine when I left it the prior evening. (3 bubbles per second!) I will reimburse for any travels! =)

I cant afford another screw-up like this! I live in Ashburn.

Help!
Susan

ps- I feel guilty asking to help since I haven't made a meeting in quite some time, but I am desperate! :oops:
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Hi Susan,

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make it down to Ashburn, but one thing I'd definitely suggest is that you purchase a check value for your CO2 line. That way, if the regulartor fails, no water will be seaping down from the tank.

Or did you have one already that failed?

-Kris
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Definitely hook up a check valve inline as Kris said. Your CO2 line likely acted as a siphon. Did you ever blow into a juice box when you were a kid? If you haven't, it shoots juice out of the straw when you stop. The pressure built up by the CO2 line does the same thing and because the 'straw' in this instance is lower than the tank it starts a siphon.

Oh, and don't feel bad about not making meetings. We all have lives...okay most of us have lives outside of aquariums. :lol:
Last edited by Aaron on Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCMurphy
Site Admin

Post by SCMurphy »

I'm off on Friday, if no one had come over to help you before them let me know.
"したくさ" Sean

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

If you've got bait, I've got wasabi!

I wish I could be like Mr. Sarcastic when I grow up! ;)

Sponsors