CO2 regulator...

Lighting, filtration etc
gills

CO2 regulator...

Post by gills »

I switched out my CO2 tank for the first time since I got it and now I can't seem to get it to work. (and my instructions/directions are in my filing system...in a pile next the file cabinet to be filed). I took it off and replaced it the exact same way. Is there something that I am missing? It is plugged in, but I can't get and gas to come through. I'm afraid the screw with it too much.

I have to admit, Ghaz originally set up my first tank and I'm thinking I missed something when watching him! =(

Any help appreciated! My plants are starting to look pretty bad since I have been out of CO2 for a couple weeks. =(

HELP!

Susan
Attachments
co2_regulator.JPG
co2_regulator.JPG (10.9 KiB) Viewed 1598 times
Last edited by gills on Mon May 22, 2006 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben Belton

Post by Ben Belton »

Turn the valve on the tank back off and take the regulator off. Then turn the valve on the tank on just a tiny bit to see if some CO2 comes out. Maybe the gas place accidentally gave you a tank that was empty.

Ben
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Ben Belton wrote:Turn the valve on the tank back off and take the regulator off. Then turn the valve on the tank on just a tiny bit to see if some CO2 comes out. Maybe the gas place accidentally gave you a tank that was empty.

Ben
I recommend doing that outside if you do that. :)

What model regulator are you using?
gills

Post by gills »

It is the Milwakee CO2 regulator with solenoid and bubble counter. I will try and attach a picture.

Susan
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Okay,

make sure the CO2 tank is open all of the way. Now adjust the pressure to about 20 psi using the large black knob. Now briefly open the needle valve a lot and close it. Does the pressure stay at 20 psi? If not, then adjust it back to 20 psi and repeat. Once the pressure holds steady then slowly adjust it to the bubble rate you want and it should work fine.
gills

Post by gills »

Aaron...that worked great! My plants appreciate it! Thanks!

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

Susan :D
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Glad to hear it Susan. :D

Sponsors