Ideas for second school in 180g?

Discuss planted aquarium inhabitants
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Minimum order size is 7 boxes. Do you think 11200 rasboras will fit in a 180G tank? :mrgreen:
Ltrepeter2000

Post by Ltrepeter2000 »

It just means he needs to expand.....Group order anyone? Haha....I was kidding about even the first order but pretty eye opening what the markup is even with certificates and all. It would be interesting to see that many in a tank....especially an 180G. It would look like any tank at WalMart.
Robert Peterson
"Mr. Sarcastic"

The work will wait while you show a child a rainbow,
but the rainbow wont wait while you do the work

-Unknown-
ingg

Post by ingg »

I can get them like 40 for 70 bucks or less... Have a local shop who keeps them and'll roder me a bag of 50 with a discount of the 4/7 rate. Only crappy part is I'd obviously be taking in the sick ones and the good ones, but I think I'm gonna do it, that is a nice price.
Dave
DonkeyFish

Post by DonkeyFish »

While it looks like this topic is dwindling down, I'd like to throw in 2¢... I also nabbed some Columbians last time I was at Scales (somehow that doesn't quite sound right...) and just love the buggers. For Tetras they're a good size so you can always see them, and their colors are cool. I like different things, which is what caught my eye on these guys. Just don't see them often IMHO. They eat anything, get along with everyone and do what good little school fish should.
And that, officially, is my first GWAPA post. Do I get my cookie now??
Ltrepeter2000

Post by Ltrepeter2000 »

Yes Jen, do you prefer chocolate chip or oreos?

Due to the economy shortfall though your comment is only valued at 1.3 cents at the moment which cost the government about 2.2 cents to make.
Robert Peterson
"Mr. Sarcastic"

The work will wait while you show a child a rainbow,
but the rainbow wont wait while you do the work

-Unknown-
ingg

Post by ingg »

http://allabout.co.jp/pet/aquarium/clos ... 8A/002.jpg

Finally found an image that begins to do the colors justice. The bodies are silvery with orange undertones, sorta.

The eyes - take te blue of a neon, and keep that luminescence. Turn it more teal, a blue green. And poke it into this fish's eye. ;) So many photos just show it as a little silver fish, and they aren't, outside the LFS - and the eyes still glow even in the LFS.
Dave
RTRJR

Post by RTRJR »

Anybody who has been at my house should have seen them - the 30XH at the tank room entrances has them. The 29 upstairs used to have them previously.
Where's the fish? Neptune
DonkeyFish

Post by DonkeyFish »

Ltrepeter2000 wrote:Yes Jen, do you prefer chocolate chip or oreos?

Due to the economy shortfall though your comment is only valued at 1.3 cents at the moment which cost the government about 2.2 cents to make.

Those Rats! Does that mean I only get a partial cookie too? Makes a girl want to rip off her "I VOTED" sticker and burn it or something.
SCMurphy
Site Admin

Post by SCMurphy »

Don't worry, if you checked the 'remember me' box when you signed in you got a whole cookie.
"したくさ" Sean

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

If you've got bait, I've got wasabi!

I wish I could be like Mr. Sarcastic when I grow up! ;)
marge618

Post by marge618 »

Jeff120 wrote:I had them(white clouds) in my 29 still have one left, they are OK, similar to a pencil fish. Dont school real well, but a neat fish for the price
They also come in an soft orange color with darker, almost red fins and tail. Not sure how they act in a group of 30 or more. With just 3 in a heavily planted 75g they are all over the place, sometimes together.. sometimes at opposite ends of the tank.

Later,
Marge

Sponsors