Need help with Vallisneria

Discuss specific plants, general plant care, help setting up a plant tank, rare plants, and general help
ddavila06
GWAPA Member

Re: Need help with Vallisneria

Post by ddavila06 »

i don't think u want vallisnerias nor most common sags anyways..the one i have hasn't spread either, and now that it grows emersed its huge!
you may want to consider something else..i have one plant in my mind but the names is gone..i will remember eventually! :P

Remembered! Cypherus helferii is nice, has the vallisneria look and stays short, and its really easy!! :)
Damian Davila
"Fishes-up, chill, Plants too"
"so many plants, so little space!"
Becca
GWAPA Member

Post by Becca »

What about hair grass - the regular big kind?
GOT MTS?

Post by GOT MTS? »

What is the regular big kind? Anyway I think hairgrass would be too dwarfed in a 90 gallon Dutch.
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Nick, there are over a hundred species of Eleocharis (hairgrass), from tiny to very very large. Some of the larger ones may be nice in a 90g. If Becca doesn't have any, check with Sean. He might have collected some larger ones...
ddavila06
GWAPA Member

Post by ddavila06 »

I have a narrow vall that fits fine in the 75, goes up and over maybe half way..maybe 30 inches long or something. Ur welcome to some..tiger val btw
Damian Davila
"Fishes-up, chill, Plants too"
"so many plants, so little space!"
Becca
GWAPA Member

Post by Becca »

krisw wrote:Nick, there are over a hundred species of Eleocharis (hairgrass), from tiny to very very large. Some of the larger ones may be nice in a 90g. If Becca doesn't have any, check with Sean. He might have collected some larger ones...
I don't have any. I had some in a 100 gallon metaframe a while back and it was doing well, but didn't make it outside in a stock tank after the tank sprung a leak. One of these days I'll give it another try.

Sponsors