75gal, 40 br

Show us your pictures!
JSnyder

75gal, 40 br

Post by JSnyder »

these pictures don't do these tanks justice (operator error) but I figured I'd post them anyway. After I clean them I'll do some nicer edited shots.

40 br needs a trim and glass cleaning.

75gal slow growers, still a work in progress

10gal nano reef
Jon Snyder
SCMurphy
Site Admin

Post by SCMurphy »

10 gallon nano-what? It doesn't look very green. :wink:

Looks like you are getting the hang of things.
"したくさ" Sean

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

If you've got bait, I've got wasabi!

I wish I could be like Mr. Sarcastic when I grow up! ;)
ingg

Post by ingg »

Like the scapes - I'm very curious about the nano reef! Didn't know we had so many salties in our ranks...
Dave
dSerk

Post by dSerk »

ingg wrote:Didn't know we had so many salties in our ranks...
At the January meeting I asked out loud if anyone had salt water tanks and everyone in earshot turns and yells "NO!" Corals and anemones "grow" don't they? A sessile animal might as well be a plant :wink:
Dan Please, spay/neuter your Platys.
Spine

Post by Spine »

The 40b looks nice. I'm sure the 75 will get to where you want it soon enough.
Next meeting you'll have at least one person to talk salty too,
I have a Nano reef also!
Kevin
maddog10

Post by maddog10 »

I am one of those people that tries everything. I just setup another saltwater tank. When you are into photography it is hard to beat marine fish for colors.

I will be redoing my planted 120 in the near future as well. Some of those stems just need too many cuttings. :D
dSerk

Post by dSerk »

What's the black area on the right side of the nanoreef?
Dan Please, spay/neuter your Platys.
JSnyder

Post by JSnyder »

dSerk wrote:What's the black area on the right side of the nanoreef?
The black area is the overflow/false wall/sump. Theres carbon, a heater, filter floss, and the return pump. It keeps the display looking nice (not cluttered with equipment and cords. It's typically referred to as an "all in one" system. It would function excellently for a planted tank as well imo
if you want more details go http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.p ... try1978939[/url]

Jon Snyder
jcali10

Post by jcali10 »

Nice pics Jon, just wanted to say the 40g looks nice, they all look good. I was curious if that was a Catalina Aquarium Solar T5 fixture on that 40 breeder? and if so how are you liking it? any positives or negatives? An equipment related question in the gallery, oh no!!!! :shock: :oops:
Joe
JSnyder

Post by JSnyder »

jcali10 wrote:Nice pics Jon, just wanted to say the 40g looks nice, they all look good. I was curious if that was a Catalina Aquarium Solar T5 fixture on that 40 breeder? and if so how are you liking it? any positives or negatives? An equipment related question in the gallery, oh no!!!! :shock: :oops:
Joe, Yes that is the Catalina solar fixture 4x39w, If you are looking into getting one, I highly recommend it. It's a cool running fixture, has individual bends around each bulb akin to individual reflectors, Two cords (1 per bank), produces more than enough light to grow about any plant, quite a few bulb/spectrum choices, cheaper than a tek. Cons, no splash guard(not sure if one is available separately), you have to remove the end cap of the fixture to mess with the bulbs/connectors. (4 screws) In conclusion an excellent fixture with a reasonable price tag.
Jon Snyder

Sponsors