Another Newb planted tank meeting?

Have a comment or suggestion? Let's hear it...
JMLenke

Another Newb planted tank meeting?

Post by JMLenke »

I know there was one awhile ago, and I think I might be the only new guy to GWAPA lately but I was wondering if it was possible to have another one of these at some point.

I have a basic understanding of a planted tank but I really dont know all the intricacies of adding ferts and such for better growth.
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Sure, it's often difficult for us to know exactly what topics the members are interested in hearing about. If anyone, experienced or otherwise, posts here with topics they would like presented upon, or has a topic they would like to present, most of our meetings for the rest of the year are wide open. So, you're essentially asking for a "Ferts and Dosing" meeting. I think we can do that. Any others?
JMLenke

Post by JMLenke »

krisw wrote:Sure, it's often difficult for us to know exactly what topics the members are interested in hearing about. If anyone, experienced or otherwise, posts here with topics they would like presented upon, or has a topic they would like to present, most of our meetings for the rest of the year are wide open. So, you're essentially asking for a "Ferts and Dosing" meeting. I think we can do that. Any others?
Ferts and dosing would be awesome. Having tried Co2 a few times, I have that basically down I think BUT the ferts and dosing is definetely alien to me(I did very well at not paying attention in Math and Science was about the same).

/realizes 12 years after he graduated that science and math had a use.
Judi

Post by Judi »

I'm pretty new myself. I've been reading a lot, and have a dosing plan that seems to be working for me, but there's certainly a lot more I could learn. It would be interesting to hear about the different methods the more experienced folks are following and why. I'm sure that not everyone is doing the same thing, or has the same goals. If I've learned anything about keeping a planted tank, it's that there isn't just one right way to do this. :D
Jeff120
Site Admin

Post by Jeff120 »

That sounds like a good idea, we do have a few new folks. Judi you are correct, there are many ways to do things, and every tank is different. You will have to make adjustments based on your tank. But one thing that is for sure is that plants need light, CO2, NO3, PO4, K and macros, iron and trace. When you get all of that balanced you will be able to grow more plants than algae!
Jeff U.

JMLenke

Post by JMLenke »

Jeff120 wrote:That sounds like a good idea, we do have a few new folks. Judi you are correct, there are many ways to do things, and every tank is different. You will have to make adjustments based on your tank. But one thing that is for sure is that plants need light, CO2, NO3, PO4, K and macros, iron and trace. When you get all of that balanced you will be able to grow more plants than algae!
Wait you aren't supposed to grow algae?

Sponsors