Forum Upgrade Complete!

Have a comment or suggestion? Let's hear it...
jweis

Re: Forum Upgrade Complete!

Post by jweis »

Thank you so much Kris for updating the forum. I am sure it took a good bit of time.
Julie
37g planted, 11g planted, and three 5.2g planted shrimp tanks.
150EH

Post by 150EH »

Jweis, were's your avatar?

Kris, is there anyway I can attach a spell checker to the new forum????

Kris, sorry to be a PITA but I see why Julie has no avatar, I tried to change mine and it won't allow any size and it won't allow me to put the old one back, sorry.
Sincerely,
Tim
B Considine

Post by B Considine »

Looks nice, Kris.

Blaise
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

150EH wrote:Jweis, were's your avatar?

Kris, is there anyway I can attach a spell checker to the new forum????

Kris, sorry to be a PITA but I see why Julie has no avatar, I tried to change mine and it won't allow any size and it won't allow me to put the old one back, sorry.
Tim, I've increased the default dimensions allowed for avatars. Please try resetting yours again...

As for a spell-checker, most browsers now include spell-checking capabilities in their text fields automatically, or if you right click on the text box. I think IE might be the exception, but Firefox and Chrome definitely do. I'm trying not to add too many modifications unless they provide value for the majority of our users, as the nature of modifications on phpBB make it more difficult to upgrade in the future...

Either way, please keep these types of reports/requests coming, as I won't know what everyone wants/needs, unless you tell me. Thanks!
jweis

Post by jweis »

150EH wrote:Jweis, were's your avatar?
It disappeared for a bit (not sure why, maybe when the Avatar settings were being adjusted). However with the new Avatar settings, I updated it to a picture of a goat overlooking a bay at St. Thomas. I took the picture after we had had a wonderful day of the beach and it brings back good memories.
Julie
37g planted, 11g planted, and three 5.2g planted shrimp tanks.
Ben Belton

Post by Ben Belton »

Oh wow... I thought I had somehow come to the wrong place. I really like it.

I like Jim's avatar Is that new?

Its blowing my mind too that avatars are on the right.

Is there anyway to set a page width?

Ben
150EH

Post by 150EH »

Thanks for the info Kris, I wasn't wanting you to add anything but I'm no computer wizard and have just been able to start using ispell at other forums and didn't know if I could us it here independently, I'll give your suggestions a try, thanks. Oh thanks for putting my old avatar back and upping the dimensions.

Besides you know how we are, something is different Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Edit: ispell works with a right click, thanks.

Edit II: Avatar worked first time no problems, thanks Kris........I know it's not fish related but it reminds me I have something else to do besides stare at my tank.

Edit III: I'm only looking at this page but we all joined on a Thursday?
Sincerely,
Tim
Jim Miller

Forum Upgrade Complete!

Post by Jim Miller »

Loving' Tapatalk on GWAPA! I use it on TPT, APC, Barr and now GWAPA.

Thanks Kris!!!

Jim
chris_todd

Post by chris_todd »

Kris,
Thanks for your efforts upgrading the forum!

The search functionality does not seem to work, however. I tried searching for a number of things that should bring up results (diy, led, co2) and it always comes back with "No suitable results were found."
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

chris_todd wrote:Kris,
Thanks for your efforts upgrading the forum!

The search functionality does not seem to work, however. I tried searching for a number of things that should bring up results (diy, led, co2) and it always comes back with "No suitable results were found."
Good catch, Chris! It looks like the default indexing settings were ignoring 3-character words. I've updated the settings, and the forum is busy reindexing. It could take a couple of hours to complete, but it looks like all of your sample queries now return results. Thanks!

Sponsors