Aquascaping ACA display tanks Wednesday, July 20th

Have a comment or suggestion? Let's hear it...
jweis

Post by jweis »

I won't be able to make it. Pls take and post pictures!
Julie
37g planted, 11g planted, and three 5.2g planted shrimp tanks.
scientist0724

Post by scientist0724 »

If you haven't had a chance to check out the tanks, please take a moment to do so. Kris and Ghazanfar did an amazing job aquascaping the two main tanks, the 60 gallon cube in the lobby and the 28 gallon cube just to the left of the display room on the fourth floor.

We also have have a table on the fourth floor with info about our club. The 2.5 gallon tank on display in the middle is beautifully set up by Ghazanfar.

Arlene
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein
DonkeyFish

Post by DonkeyFish »

Also, a BIG thanks to everyone who has shown up to help so far!! Ghazanfar, Kris, Chris, Arlene, Rob, Sam, Doug... hope I haven't missed anyone... thank you all very much. Great job, and I think our table and tanks just look fantastic. LOTS of interest in Ghazanfar's nano, and by the time I left last night the discus had even started to think about coming out from hiding in the 60. Well done, everybody!

(BTW, the two 6gal tanks on the ends of the club table were a last-minute addition and slapped together with the scraps we had left over. If anyone has anything to add to make them better feel free!)
It is not murder if you're killing snails.
B Considine

Post by B Considine »

Hope to stop by tomorrow.
Ghazanfar Ghori
Site Admin

Post by Ghazanfar Ghori »

I was only able to stop by on Sunday for a few hours. Got a LOT of compliments on the nano as well as a LOT of questions. The fact that the GWAPA table was set up in a high traffic area (next to the restrooms in the hallway connecting the main event room and the vendor area) probably had something to do with that. :)

Some folks were interested in attending the meetings - so hey - we might see some new faces at a meeting soon.
-
Ghazanfar Ghori

Ltrepeter2000

Post by Ltrepeter2000 »

The table became a mini traffic jam, there were that many people stopping to take pictures of it each day I was at the convention so hopefully we do get some new members, or helped spark members in other plant clubs around the country or even sparked new clubs.
Robert Peterson
"Mr. Sarcastic"

The work will wait while you show a child a rainbow,
but the rainbow wont wait while you do the work

-Unknown-
B Considine

Post by B Considine »

During my brief visit late Saturday morning, I answered some questions from people letting out of one of the talks. Made sure they took a card, and in general, shilled for GWAPA. It was a great spot for the table.
chris_todd

Post by chris_todd »

Ghazanfar, the wooden stand on which your nano was sitting was still there late on Sunday. I wasn't sure if you had left at that point, so I asked Franny to grab it. Did you eventually get your hands on it?

And yeah, the table rocked, and numerous people asked about your nano. Was the bright green grass/lawn-like plant Utricularia graminifolia? I hope so, that's what I was telling people, LOL!
Ghazanfar Ghori
Site Admin

Post by Ghazanfar Ghori »

chris_todd wrote:Ghazanfar, the wooden stand on which your nano was sitting was still there late on Sunday. I wasn't sure if you had left at that point, so I asked Franny to grab it. Did you eventually get your hands on it?

And yeah, the table rocked, and numerous people asked about your nano. Was the bright green grass/lawn-like plant Utricularia graminifolia? I hope so, that's what I was telling people, LOL!
Rob stepped up to help break down the table - I think he grabbed Jen's stand.

The 'grass' is indeed U.G.
-
Ghazanfar Ghori

jweis

Post by jweis »

Did anyone take pictures?
Julie
37g planted, 11g planted, and three 5.2g planted shrimp tanks.

Sponsors