Meeting Schedule

News & upcoming events
Aaron

Meeting Schedule

Post by Aaron »

I notice that the next meeting is in Annandale, VA. Who's home is that at and do we have directions yet?

July looks to be Cristy.

I'll go ahead and claim September, thus leaving Aug. open for another VA meeting. Are there any voluneers for Aug?
Ghazanfar Ghori
Site Admin

Post by Ghazanfar Ghori »

I could do August, unless you're all sick of coming to my place.
I think David wanted to host a meeting later in the year too.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

That's fine by me. I've been itching for a reason to see the 215 anyhow. Kris asked that this be my first act as president so we can keep the front page updated better. Who's in Annandale, VA that volunteered for this month? For some reason I'm thinking his name was John, but not John K., another one.
RTRJR

Post by RTRJR »

I had offered to do a fall meeting again, but I don't think back-to-back in the MD exurbs is very good. Winter is iffy up here.
Where's the fish? Neptune
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Could we put you down for November? November would be pushing it, but it's unlikely that frozen precipitation will hinder us that early in the year.

My reason for wanting to host September is that my neighbor's gardens should still look nice then and they have quite the array of gardens. Granted they're all terrestrial plants, but nice ones. I believe they've even been featured in some magazines.
RTRJR

Post by RTRJR »

November is not a weather issue here, that is still fall, so no problem. December is poor for me, over-scheduled always. Then comes real winter.
Where's the fish? Neptune
fredyk

Post by fredyk »

John in Annanadale, meeting was held there last summer. He has a new 75g tank and he suggested that the meeting at his house might be setting up his old 55g. He was at the April meeting at Liz's house.

http://www.gwapa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=413
post of last year's meeting in July at John Godbey's.

Mark
fredyk

Post by fredyk »

well, to follow up, I can bring some large 12" blyxa for setup. Um, I don't know, does John read the forum! John, are you there, John? :|

Mark
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

John has not logged on since sometime in 2004. I've contacted him via email.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Ghazanfar can no longer host the August meeting. Are there any other volunteers to host August who live in the NOVA area or close to it? We try to alter locations from Central, MD and NOVA to make it possible for everyone to make meetings. Robert, could you do August instead?

Sponsors