February Meeting

News & upcoming events
GOT MTS?

Re: February Meeting

Post by GOT MTS? »

ddavila06 wrote:5-8 inches for tomorrow.. :(
If we need to push the meeting to Sunday that is fine for me if it works for Sam. It would be nice to know by 11 though as that is when I'll start cooking.
Cristy Keister

Post by Cristy Keister »

Sunday is looking better. I don't know if I will go tomorrow with the forecast as it is.
Judi

Post by Judi »

I missed last month's meeting because I'm an idiot (thought the meeting was the following week despite all evidence to the contrary --apparently I no longer know how to read a calendar correctly :oops: ), so I hope I can make it. I guess I'll see what the forecast says tomorrow and then decide.
SCMurphy
Site Admin

Post by SCMurphy »

We will make an announcement here if we have to move the meeting to Sunday. We will try to make the call by 11 am.
"したくさ" Sean

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

If you've got bait, I've got wasabi!

I wish I could be like Mr. Sarcastic when I grow up! ;)
sns26

Post by sns26 »

Well, I'm glad I tuned in because I was one of those people who thought the meeting was next week!

For tomorrow (Saturday), I have a beat up old subaru with 100 lbs. of Jen's rocks in the back. I can make it unless the weather is really bad.

For Sunday, I could make it but not until 2pm.

--sam
mab
GWAPA Member

Post by mab »

Darn, I have a Begonia club meeting on Sunday afternoon; however, risking the weather tomorrow is worse.
Member of GWAPA, CCA and PVAS plus American Begonia Society and Potomac Branch. Former PVAS President (twice) and Treasurer since 2015. Check out GoWildPeru on the web and FB for Peruvian Rain to Cloud Forest Tropical Fish and 'Plant' collecting trips.
plant57va

Post by plant57va »

I hate to say this (again) but if you don't decide before 11 I will already be on the road...
can someone try to post in the morning *(by 10-10:30) although it looks like I won't be trying to drive tomorrow morning unless the weather man is wrong.
david
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Looks like many MD counties East are now in a warning. From Capital Weather Gang
One thing to keep in mind is that ground temperatures are extraordinarily cold going in. They may have trouble warming up much even as air temperatures ultimately rise above freezing. We anticipate sizable impact to travel regardless of how much of the precipitation falls as snow versus sleet or freezing rain. Approximately 1 p.m.-10 p.m. looks to be when road conditions will be at their worst.
GOT MTS?

Post by GOT MTS? »

Just started snowing here
plant57va

Post by plant57va »

WEATHER REPORT DOWN MY WAY DOESN'T MENTION ANYTHING TILL AROUND NOON, BUT...............
BECAUSE OF THE SEVERE COLD, IT ISN'T GOING TO BE PRETTY.....
SO EVEN IF i MADE IT UP... COMING HOME WOULD BE DREADFUL.

Sponsors