April's Meeting

News & upcoming events
kerokero

Post by kerokero »

I'm so bummed about having not been able to make it. I mangled my right foot the night before so driving and walking were pretty much out of the question. Firgures it would be for the meeting I really, really wanted to go to!

Sean - thanks for the info about boiling the aquasoil. I still have the bag of aquasoil for the 2.5g from last year, and I'll find a nice big pot to boil it in. Any idea on how long it should boil for, or should the act of just getting it to the boiling point in water work? In particular I'm trying to keep my E. americana and E. orientalis happy... currently the best I can lable them is alive.

Jeff U - next month we may have to talk about some more Elatine :) I still have a couple straggler stems, but would like to get some more.

I am so beyond bummed for having missed this :( Kris - I still need to get that bag of aquasoil from you a some point. Will have to boil up some more for some Elatine in a side tank!
Best, Corey
ddavila06
GWAPA Member

Post by ddavila06 »

well, i almost didn't make it at all, missed the whole talk which i was very interested into and missed most of the auction as well...but i saw your set ups and dang! thats a nice built in tank!!!! :mrgreen: thanks for letting us into your home, very very nice
Damian Davila
"Fishes-up, chill, Plants too"
"so many plants, so little space!"
Spine

Post by Spine »

Ghazanfar,thanks for hosting the meeting. As usual I learned something new from the presentation.
It was nice having the New Jersey crew join our meeting, please come back soon. Can't wait for the next meeting I'll see you all there.
Kevin
anybias

Post by anybias »

Thank you!
I came in late ,stuck in traffic for more than hour,but it all worth it!
Thanks!
jerseyjay

Post by jerseyjay »

Sorry about late note.

Ghazanfar,
Thank You and your wife for your generous hospitality. It is always a pleasure. I was hoping to eat some delicious samosas but I guess we can do that next time ;)

GWAPA,
Thank You for another well organized meeting. It was a pleasure meeting new people and chatting with old friends. Hopefully we can do it again soon !

GWAPA is welcome anytime in New Jersey !
Image Image
chris_todd

Post by chris_todd »

Jen,
Another awesome writeup on the April meeting at Ghazanfar's house! Thanks for your efforts on that.
DonkeyFish

Post by DonkeyFish »

Thanks Chris! We're working on doing better about the meeting notes and also making the notes mini how-to articles that will have a permanent place in the Articles section.

Sorry to everyone for the delay in posting the recap... I know some of you were looking for it since you missed the meeting.
It is not murder if you're killing snails.
Ltrepeter2000

Post by Ltrepeter2000 »

yeah, its not like you have anything else going on.....
Robert Peterson
"Mr. Sarcastic"

The work will wait while you show a child a rainbow,
but the rainbow wont wait while you do the work

-Unknown-
DonkeyFish

Post by DonkeyFish »

How'd you know? Like you would have any understanding of THAT...

(Still not ready to change my sig...)
It is not murder if you're killing snails.
Ltrepeter2000

Post by Ltrepeter2000 »

Nope, not me, never have anything of consequence going on. Plants are WAY more important than the next shipment of body armor to Iraq.
Robert Peterson
"Mr. Sarcastic"

The work will wait while you show a child a rainbow,
but the rainbow wont wait while you do the work

-Unknown-

Sponsors