AGA 2024 Carpooling questions

News & upcoming events
Allen

Re: AGA 2024 Carpooling questions

Post by Allen »

scientist0724 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:33 am I am leaving early tomorrow and coming back Monday morning. It's longer than most, but it's because I'm helping. There wouldn't be much for you to do until Thursday afternoon or Friday, unless you want to help the local club with setting up.

Arlene
That would be fine by me. How likely is it that I resolve the roommate situation? Do I just bring cash and look for someone?
scientist0724

Post by scientist0724 »

I would ask for a roommate when you get there, but I will also put out the word when I get there tomorrow.

Arlene
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein
Allen

Post by Allen »

scientist0724 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:15 pm I would ask for a roommate when you get there, but I will also put out the word when I get there tomorrow.

Arlene
You think it will be likely I can find a room? It's pretty far from home so I'm kind of out of luck if I can't.
Allen

Post by Allen »

Do most people organize roommates the day the convention starts? Or do people organize on the facebook group?

I'm mostly trying to figure out if it's "safe" for me to buy tickets. Just so I don't end up buying them and realizing that I don't have a ride or room. They're shockingly still in stock in the online convention store, even the wabi kusas.
scientist0724

Post by scientist0724 »

Most people already have roommates because they already know the people they are rooming with. My roommate has been someone that I've shared a room with for the past four conventions. You can always message on the AGA Facebook page and ask. I don't know what else to tell you.

Arlene
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein
Allen

Post by Allen »

scientist0724 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:17 pm Most people already have roommates because they already know the people they are rooming with. My roommate has been someone that I've shared a room with for the past four conventions. You can always message on the AGA Facebook page and ask. I don't know what else to tell you.

Arlene
In that case I think it's not worth the risk for me to try to attend.

Thanks for your help! I'm kind of new to this I admit.

Sponsors