Thanks Julie!

News & upcoming events
chris_todd

Thanks Julie!

Post by chris_todd »

Julie, thanks so much for hosting! This was my first time visiting your home, and I must say both it and your tanks are beautiful! And the food was great, too!

Sean, thanks for your talk. That chart from Dr. Ole Pederson really floored me - if I understand it correctly, it pretty much means that CO2 is the rate limiting favor for plant growth, so long as you have at least some light. Quite a philosophy shift; can't wait to test it out. Could mean significant savings on both light fixtures and electricity.
scientist0724

Re: Thanks Julie!

Post by scientist0724 »

Yes, Julie! Thank you so much for hosting and allowing the board to stay a little longer. My boys had a great time and my oldest was so thrilled to see Alexander again. He had been waiting all week for this meeting and he wants to invite your boys over for a playdate!

The food was awesome, the talk was very informative, auction was awesome, group buy was outstanding (I spent a lot, much to my hubby's shaking of his head :roll: ) and most of all, the crowd was great.

I had a great time. Now to set up that new tank :lol:

Arlene
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein
jweis

Post by jweis »

Thank you everyone for coming. My boys were thrilled to see so many children. It is great to have such a nice group of people who understand all the work that goes into having nice planted aquariums. My friends' eye just glaze over when I talk about light fixtures, or substrate choices, or CO2 systems. :roll:

I do have a problem though. As usual, I bought more plants than my tanks can handle. :oops: Jeff U. gave me some "Limro. Aromatica" and I don't have room for all of it in my 37g. I have three nice stems for which I would like to find a nice home. If anyone wants them and can come pick them up, they are yours for free. It is a beautiful stem plant with bright purple leaf undersides.

Finally, I would like to say a special THANK YOU to Andrey, who was so kind and bought me the Madagascar Lace. :!: It was truly unexpected, and it looks super fabulous in my aquarium.

See you guys next month. Arrivederci.
Julie
37g planted, 11g planted, and three 5.2g planted shrimp tanks.
150EH

Post by 150EH »

Julie, thanks for letting us into your home, I had a great time and I'm always amazed at how clean and beautiful your tanks are, Alexander's tank was also spectacular (I hope I got the name right) and looked better than any of mine. I missed bidding on one of your plants it was up front and center in your 11 gallon tank, I really liked it but I was out of cash after bidding too often, Thanks again!
Sincerely,
Tim
FrannyB

Post by FrannyB »

Thank you! The food was top notch!

Thanks Sean. I plan to use my 100 gallon for high C02/low light as mentioned.
Francine
Once you go Dutch you can't stop trimming.

http://www.capitalcichlids.org
150EH

Post by 150EH »

FrannyB wrote:Thank you! The food was top notch!

Thanks Sean. I plan to use my 100 gallon for high C02/low light as mentioned.

If anyone is interested this is a good article by the folks at Tropica, it's the same information in Sean presentation, thanks Sean.

http://www.tropica.com/en/tropica-abc/b ... light.aspx
Sincerely,
Tim

Sponsors