Selling Plants at BFD...

News & upcoming events
scientist0724

Selling Plants at BFD...

Post by scientist0724 »

If we sell plants at the GWAPA table, will we still pay the entrance fee to be in the vendor room?

I can't remember, as it's been a while since I came to the event.

Arlene
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein
halak

Re: Selling Plants at BFD...

Post by halak »

No. Tell them you are manning (womanning : )) the GWAPA table. I will be there at least 30 minutes before the marketplace opens, by the way.
Viktor
Becca
GWAPA Member

Post by Becca »

halak wrote:No. Tell them you are manning (womanning : )) the GWAPA table. I will be there at least 30 minutes before the marketplace opens, by the way.
Viktor - I think what we discussed was that each table would get 1-2 admissions with it. If there are a few folks who will be working the GWAPA the table the whole time and that's the only reason they're there, please let the BFD organizers know who they are.

If you've heard differently, please let me know, but this "free pass" for marketplace sellers is not unlimited.
Chriscoli

Post by Chriscoli »

Hi All! Actually each table gets a primary and a helper vendor wristband (so two free entries) per table. Let me know who to put down as those two people. Everyone else will need to register for the event. If this isn't how it was done in the past, I apologize for not policing it better. We do trust our table vendors to limit the number of people who get to set up.
halak

Post by halak »

Thanks, Becca and Christine, for clarifying. I will be the main vendor. I will let you know who the other person will be.
Viktor
scientist0724

Post by scientist0724 »

So does this mean that we have to stay the whole day and not take shifts?

Arlene
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein
halak

Post by halak »

No, you don't have to stay the whole day. The busiest time of the day is the first hour or two. So I'd need the most help then. Maddy will help, but she already paid, so we can get someone in for free as long as they help at least in the morning.
Viktor
scientist0724

Post by scientist0724 »

I can come in the morning. I just need to make sure that my oldest doesn't have a game in the morning.

Arlene
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein
halak

Post by halak »

It's either you, Arlene, or Tim. Both of you are checking your schedules.
Viktor
Becca
GWAPA Member

Post by Becca »

Guys, I want to take a moment to remind you that this event us CCA's major fundraiser for the year. It seriously hurts the club if people who don't register for the event gain free entry and free participation in group buys, etc. CCA is covering shipping for group buys - that is part if paying for event registration. This isn't an expensive event and I can barely imagine that folks who help for a few hours at the GWAPA table won't spend any time watching demos or shopping with vendors. If you want to participate in the group buys and get "free shipping" plus discounts you should be registered for the event, just like GWAPA group buys are only open to paid members. Given what shipping costs, your $15 is more than made up for.

Sponsors