Glass tops?

Lighting, filtration etc
Wobblebonk

Glass tops?

Post by Wobblebonk »

So now that petco has shanked drfostersmith, where I used to order the bulk of my glass tops, where's the best place to get them now? I used to get them only during sales, but liveaquaria looks to me to just be clearing out their stock of tops from drfostersmith.com :/

Also the aqueon frameless cubes come with glass tops and I don't know if anyone else makes a 15" cube. Do they even sell these besides as part of their frameless cube package? (it's got a leveling mat, lid, and the worlds shittiest led)? It's just a piece of glass with clips and the little plastic flap the tops always have but it would just be more convenient than fabricating a top. Stupid jumping fish :(

Surely someone wants to buy the 14g cube just to sell me their top... or not...
Cristy Keister

Re: Glass tops?

Post by Cristy Keister »

Thatpetplace.com is a good place to get lids if they have the size you need.
Becca
GWAPA Member

Post by Becca »

Wobblebonk wrote:So now that petco has shanked drfostersmith, where I used to order the bulk of my glass tops, where's the best place to get them now? I used to get them only during sales, but liveaquaria looks to me to just be clearing out their stock of tops from drfostersmith.com :/

Also the aqueon frameless cubes come with glass tops and I don't know if anyone else makes a 15" cube. Do they even sell these besides as part of their frameless cube package? (it's got a leveling mat, lid, and the worlds shittiest led)? It's just a piece of glass with clips and the little plastic flap the tops always have but it would just be more convenient than fabricating a top. Stupid jumping fish :(

Surely someone wants to buy the 14g cube just to sell me their top... or not...
I have some spare pieces of glass and hinge strip laying around. I also have some little plastic thingies that'll hold a lid up somewhere.

Aqueon customer service is pretty responsive. I'd be willing to bet they can help you get your hands on a new lid if you contact them via telephone.
Wobblebonk

Post by Wobblebonk »

I've never actually had the lid I just have a 15" cube with the water level all low because the fish won't stop jumping. I see there is a uns rimless lid that they sell for a 15.75" (40cm) cube that might fit, but it's not in stock anywhere.

I don't see aqueon actually selling the frameless cube tops anywhere, for their non cube frameless tanks they just make them basically standard sized tanks and sell some kind of plastic rim that you put on the 2 ends to hold a normal versatop up. I'm trying to be lazy...

Maybe just https://smile.amazon.com/Falken-Design- ... B07NR99K5M and some clips :/ I think I have some of the plastic hinge strip lying around somewhere...
scientist0724

Post by scientist0724 »

I have some pieces of spare glass in my basement for making tops.

I also have several pieces of plexiglass that I've used to cut to make lids for tanks too.

Arlene
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein

Sponsors