Advice on liquid micros?

Discuss specific plants, general plant care, help setting up a plant tank, rare plants, and general help
Ben Belton

Re: Advice on liquid micros?

Post by Ben Belton »

tug wrote:To calculate the amount of stuff to add to a mix I like Wett's calculator.
http://rota.la
I'm so happy. He had this on a different web page a few years back, and it stopped working correctly. I wondered what happened and was very disappointed. This is the best calculator. I'm glad to re-find it.
sns26

Post by sns26 »

tug wrote:It sounds as if there is mold growing in your dosing bottles.
Yeah, I now think that it's not the fertz caking things up, it's mold doing it. So I'm just diluting the mix more and refilling more often. Seems to be working ok so far. I decided to stick with Flourish as my main micro and now I'm using Seachem iron too.
tug

Post by tug »

I'm thinking if you dilute the trace and there's a rise in the pH, you want to keep a pH below 6.
If you want to add a mold inhibitor, Potassium Sorbate is a food grade mold inhibitor.

How do you keep the dosing pumps fresh? From past experience with trace and phosphate solutions,
stuff can grow in the small bottles, I open more frequently. The large, 1 liter bottle - almost never, never, ever.
Greater Washington Aquatic Plant Association
Mixed with the sound of water's murmuring
a sensitive plant in a garden grows.

Sponsors