Artscape Window Film

Lighting, filtration etc
krisw
Site Admin

Artscape Window Film

Post by krisw »

I just wanted to mentioned that I have recently been trying out some different window films for use as tank backgrounds on my 150g. The nicest I've found is Artscape brand that's available at your local hardware store. It uses static kling instead of adhesive so it's easy to get on and off, and thicker so it doesn't rip as easily as some of the thinner and less expensive films. You can get a variety of patterns and colors, but the white, edged glass, and black colors are all relevant. Depending in roll size, will run you $20-$35.

Oh, and unlike me, I highly recommend putting it on before you setup your tank!
Mopar32985

Re: Artscape Window Film

Post by Mopar32985 »

krisw wrote:I just wanted to mentioned that I have recently been trying out some different window films for use as tank backgrounds on my 150g. The nicest I've found is Artscape brand that's available at your local hardware store. It uses static kling instead of adhesive so it's easy to get on and off, and thicker so it doesn't rip as easily as some of the thinner and less expensive films. You can get a variety of patterns and colors, but the white, edged glass, and black colors are all relevant. Depending in roll size, will run you $20-$35.

Oh, and unlike me, I highly recommend putting it on before you setup your tank!
Thanks for sharing was just thinking what i want to use on the back of my 40 breeder. Now to decide between frosted and black.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
krisw
Site Admin

Re: Artscape Window Film

Post by krisw »

If it helps, the frosted is definitely translucent, so you will still see some outlines of cords/equipment behind the tank. I solved this by reusing the paper backing behind the film after I applied it. This still gives you a frosted white look. I have not actually tried the black myself, so I don't know how opaque it is.

Sponsors