Aquatek mini paintball regulator

Lighting, filtration etc
plant57va

Aquatek mini paintball regulator

Post by plant57va »

Ok...
now I have a new problem...............
:?: :?: :?:
I have this aquatek mini (used with a paintball tank) regulator. the C02 seemed to be gone way too fast the first time I had it filled?
I took the tank back to Dicks, and questioned whether or not it was filled properly, as It seemed to not be a full fill, according to my regulator guage,
but seemed like I only got about 4 days of gas from it.

So I had it refilled, and when I screwed the regulator on the tank it registered about 1200-1400 psi.
so I figured it was full.....
I set the line up again on my little nano tank and checked to make sure all my connections were as tight as possible.

two days later, and no pressure registering on the tank.

I must have a leak somewhere??????

I tightened the regulator on the tank, as tight as possible... (o ring seemed fine) used new silicone line to the diffuser in the tank. set the bubble to about 1/sec and plugged in the solenoid.

The only thing I can think of where there could be a possible leak is where the silicone line attaches to the regulator, there is a bubble counter (clear tube that you fill water in, and attach it to the reg. and then run your silicone line from that. (I think this is what Nick told me was not needed, and he took it off and said to run my line direct from the regulator to the tank)

Is there any way I can do a check for leaks? is it possible that this clear bubble counter attachment is my problem? very frustrating....

david

Is there a
sukrol

Re: Aquatek mini paintball regulator

Post by sukrol »

I would bring it to the meeting...
Gabriel
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

David, you can lather up a dish-soap solution on your regularly connections. If you have a leak, it'll likely bubble up a bit showing you which connection is at fault.
GOT MTS?

Post by GOT MTS? »

I agree with Kris on the soapy water to check for leaks. I had some cheap paintball regs and they always leaked from where the gauge screwed into the regulator body. They used cheap glue so I scraped it all off and wrapped the threads in Teflon tape, which solved the problem.

Also I recommend using a bubble counter just not the stock one that came with your regulator. In my experience the internal check valves on those don't work very well and back siphon water into the reg fouling the solenoid. I use a $4 fluval bubble counter you can get on Amazon.

Sponsors