CO2 Refill

Lighting, filtration etc
sfarkhan

CO2 Refill

Post by sfarkhan »

Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've posted. I'm bringing my tank back online and I'm considering a new CO2 setup. I currently use 24oz paintball tanks and I have to refill them at a sporting goods store. I am considering purchasing a 10lb tank but I have no idea where to have it filled up. I live in DC and need to rent a car, where are there places that refill tanks? I remember I called a few like 3 years ago and they all only worked with restaurants? Where do you go to refill your CO2?
Shahriar (Shah-ry-are)
krisw
Site Admin

Re: CO2 Refill

Post by krisw »

Welcome back, Shahriar!

For refills, I go to Laurel Bottled Gas. For tank exchanges (basically when it needs to be hydro tested), I use Robert's Oxygen in College Park.

For those interested, I've also traded in tanks to Roberts to go from 5# to 10# for an okay trade-up value.
sfarkhan

Post by sfarkhan »

Thanks, I'm glad to be back! That helps. I'd prefer to get a larger tank and refill less often vs taking 3-4 2lbs tanks to Sports Authority in VA and pray their CO2 system is working - I've called and then gone in and they realize it's empty... /sigh
Shahriar (Shah-ry-are)
GOT MTS?

Post by GOT MTS? »

I go to Robert's oxygen. It's close to my house and they do a tank exchange so it's quick and easy. They will let you upgrade to a larger tank for a pretty reasonable fee. I have upgraded 3 of my 4 tanks to 20 pounders. If you have the room I suggest getting the largest tank that will fit. It's usually only a few dollars more to fill a larger tank and it last way longer.

Sponsors