Equipping the 15 gallon Fluval nano tanks

Lighting, filtration etc
sns26

Equipping the 15 gallon Fluval nano tanks

Post by sns26 »

Hi all,

Like all pieces of equipment, the Fluval tank I picked up at the AGA convention has become the gift that keeps on taking, because I just can't leave well enough alone. :D I thought I'd pass on the two things I've done so far.

1. I picked up a nicer light: I recently bought one of these ecoxotic LED strips for the nano tank I picked up at the AGA convention. http://www.ecoxotic.com/catalog/product ... tegory/42/. It's a bit pricey, but it was a "fire and forget" solution from Amazon.

2. I mothballed the internal filter they provided in favor of using the three flow-through stages in the back of the tank. I put in a Eheim 600 nano pump in the last stage, but I need to add some media to the two others. It's a huge media volume in there. I have some coarse foam for the first stage and then I'll probably fill the second stage with some ceramic bio media in a mesh bag. (Otherwise it'll be hell to clean it out.)

3. I had an extra CO2 rig lying around, so I stuck that in there too. As a result, the amazon sword that my stepson put in there has been exploding.
DonkeyFish

Re: Equipping the 15 gallon Fluval nano tanks

Post by DonkeyFish »

Pics or it didn't happen. ;)
It is not murder if you're killing snails.
Jim Miller

Post by Jim Miller »

tough crowd!
Jt731

Post by Jt731 »

The media chamber is huge because it's actually a fluval marine tank and there is a slot for a skimmer, etc...

Sponsors