Finnex Planted+ 24/7

Lighting, filtration etc
seiji64

Finnex Planted+ 24/7

Post by seiji64 »

Stumbled upon some new info on these Finnex LED lights and controller.
A new, nicely detailed video preview was posted on Finnex's FB page. The previewer even does par readings in this video on a 20G high (17" tall) in various modes.
http://youtu.be/UJsYweqNtig
AND Amazon has these listed as pre-sales with a release date of May 15th.
http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00U0HMWLI

Doug
GOT MTS?

Re: Finnex Planted+ 24/7

Post by GOT MTS? »

Looks like a nice light and has some cool features. I definitely dig the slim profile and the legs. Wish it was a little brighter though. Two or more would be required on a larger tank if you wanted high light. I want one though. Thanks for the post.
Jt731

Post by Jt731 »

I just got mine yesterday . Amazon didn't forecast how many they presold to Finnex so there was a shortage. It definitely is sleeker looking but the legs are still terrible. Basically a twice as wide stingray. It did not come with the hood mounting things that come with a stingray. Unlike a current, the remote receiver is on the other side. There is no physical on off switch. The light progression is pretty slick. At 1am last night it was actually more of a purple. Later on I'll post the picture on the box that shows this.

There is one major thing, I'll confirm tonight, but the buzzing from the dimmer was LOUD. Louder than a air wall, three air stones and the hob breeder box fed using air.
GOT MTS?

Post by GOT MTS? »

I got mine Friday. I havn't noticed any buzzing. I agree the legs arn't particularly attractive but they work. My main beef is that they put the power and IR senser cables on the sides instead of the back. I would have put them in the back so they hang behind the tank. At the very least they could have put both cables on the same side. Over all though I really like the light. It has a nice color and I love the 24/7 mode. Great price too. I got mine for under $90 for the 36".
Jt731

Post by Jt731 »

I haven't been awake at 1am to confirm..... Or rather 4am. Since you have to chose specific times I have made 6pm real time 3pm on the light.

Also, a guy did par readings over time at 7.5 inches
MattInMD

Post by MattInMD »

For the record, I'm the guy that did that PAR chart...

A few limitations/details about that graph should be noted, before anyone thinks they're going to get 100 PAR on a 55 gallon tank with it.

That graph was done through-air at pretty close range, about 7"... I adjusted the height to make the "max" par read as 100 so I could get an idea of what percentage of maximum intensity the light was running at throughout the day. I'd call it a "PARcentage" graph :)

If you want to see the setup, it is numbers I extracted from this time-lapse (which I filmed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J10MIv4YIXI

The meter is one that "Hoppy" modified into a waterproof PAR meter by replacing the sensor and adding filters to flatten the spectrum a bit, and calibrated against an apogee. It's his 2015 model.. not perfectly accurate, but accurate enough for relative measurements.

Sponsors