Bubble counters query

Lighting, filtration etc
FrannyB

Re: Bubble counters query

Post by FrannyB »

Maybe I will put a reactor on the 100. Gotta build one though. Don't want to spend but so much flying monkey-ass money on this tank. The lights will be costly as it is.
Francine
Once you go Dutch you can't stop trimming.

http://www.capitalcichlids.org
150EH

Post by 150EH »

You can still us the splitter, dual bubble counter (my diy BC isn't pretty but it gets the job done) and a diffuser, you CO2 bottle will just need filling more often.

How much light did yodecidede on????

I see a lot going on right here, Blyxa for sale, I've been snooping around your journal at TPT but so far my spying hasn't paid off, is all this for your contest tank?
Sincerely,
Tim
FrannyB

Post by FrannyB »

No, this is another tank unfortunantly. I stopped posting pics of my Dutch tank for the contest sake.

I haven't decided on the light for the 100gal yet. Catalina's bulbs only go up to 59" and they would have to be staggered to reach each end.
Francine

ddavila06
GWAPA Member

Post by ddavila06 »

FrannyB wrote:No, this is another tank unfortunantly. I stopped posting pics of my Dutch tank for the contest sake.

I haven't decided on the light for the 100gal yet. Catalina's bulbs only go up to 59" and they would have to be staggered to reach each end.
i know is off topic but call Jim from Catalina and tell him to fit smaller bulbs, how long is you tank? 6 feet?? he could do 2 24inch side by side, times how muny? 3 lines??? he can custom do it for you...will probably cost you $$ but is doable.
Damian Davila
"Fishes-up, chill, Plants too"
"so many plants, so little space!"
ingg

Post by ingg »

Francine,

What you linked goes on the side of your tank inline in the CO2 tubing. Put a little liquid in it, and it counts bubbles as they pass inline and over the edge to a diffusor. second part is just a fancy way to send the line over the edge of a rimless tank.

It will work fine. Can buy more economical ones, that one is meant to be seen, sorta like glass lily pipes.

If you plan to be splitting off one tank, you also need an inline needle valve at each tank.

I diffuse in all my tanks, including now the 180g. Inline reactor is a PITA for me I found - push it too hard and it simply fills up with gas for me. :/ I now even on that one use a diffusor before sending it through my reactor and pump loop for distribution. (And know others found the same issue on larger tanks/plumbing diameters.)

Personally, I've found CO2 diffuses fine on all my tanks - I just go by plants though, don't measure anymore, as the plants tell you what you need to know!
Dave
ddavila06
GWAPA Member

Post by ddavila06 »

Franny, i have the inline needle valve i bought from Cristy, im selling it for the $$ i got it for. if you want i will bring it to cca auction =)
Damian Davila
"Fishes-up, chill, Plants too"
"so many plants, so little space!"
FrannyB

Post by FrannyB »

[quote="ingg"]

I diffuse in all my tanks, including now the 180g. Inline reactor is a PITA for me I found - push it too hard and it simply fills up with gas for me. :/ I now even on that one use a diffusor before sending it through my reactor and pump loop for distribution. (And know others found the same issue on larger tanks/plumbing diameters.)

quote]

Could you take a picture. I have the same problem.
Francine

Cristy Keister

Post by Cristy Keister »

I have one you can try, Fran.
FrannyB

Post by FrannyB »

Thanks Christy!
Francine

ingg

Post by ingg »

FrannyB wrote:No, this is another tank unfortunantly. I stopped posting pics of my Dutch tank for the contest sake.

Side by side 3' fixtures. It is what I do over my 180g.
Dave

Sponsors