Harbor Freight stuff

Lighting, filtration etc
Jonathan Kalmes

Post by Jonathan Kalmes »

I'd mentioned in another post that I managed to stop by Harbor Freight on the way back from Florida (this is the BIG warehouse in South Carolina). I've used them before for stuff, but always wondered how much of their equipment I could use for my tanks. Well, here are a few items I picked up and my thoughts on them.

<a href="http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/D ... mber=47259" target="_blank">CO2 Regulator</a>:   I'd looked at this on the web site numerous times, but never got one because I wasn't sure of the quality and thread pattern. Welp, I got one now. Nice little regulator, especially considering that it's only $30! It's a dual guage, nice quality from what I can tell so far. It has a hose-barb outlet, which I may replace (it can be screwed off) with something else, but it looks to be just about the right size for rigid CO2 tubing (can't actually test it because all of mine is in use right now). It does come with a very nice adaptor to connect it to a standard CO2 tank.

<a href="http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/D ... mber=36797" target="_blank">Air Pressure Regulator</a>:    This isn't really a regulator (IMO). I'm going to attempt to use it as a needle valve (which is why I'm glad the hose-barb on the above regulator can be removed). I'll let you know how it works. For $6, I figured I'd risk it.

Hemostats: No web link. :( The most awesome plant planters I've found... 18 inch, stainless hemostats! $8! Only bought one, but it's now my favorite tank tool. I couldn't find them anywhere on the web site, but if you happen to be near a Harbor Frieght, this item alone is worth the stop, IMO.

BTW... there is supposedly a Harbor Frieght retail store in Woodbridge somewhere. Might be worth a trip if you're still not sure about something or if you know you want something that's not available on the web site (like a $40 CO2 tank).

Sorry if this seems like an advertisement, it's not meant to. I've just been wondering about that reactor and a few other items from Harbor Freight for quite some time. Thought you might want to know about some of them.

Unfortunately, it's going to be a while before I actually put that regulator to use. But, I'll let you know how it does as soon as I give it a shot.<edited><editID>Jonathan Kalmes</editID><editDate>37996.8483564815</editDate></edited>
--Jonathan (aka smthng)

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
gnatster

Post by gnatster »

Harbor Freight is opening a retail store in the Baltimore area, north-east of the city in the North Plaza Mall.<a href="http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/r ... ore_ID=166" target="_blank">Location</a> I think I saw the grand opening is April 13. BTW, it is right next door to a LFS, how convienient or should say "oh no, there went my wallet".

gnatster

Sponsors