Cable Heaters

Lighting, filtration etc
Jamie G

Post by Jamie G »

Is there a particular brand of mesh to use ? Id be afraid manufacturers would use some scary stuff to make that with.
RTRJR

Post by RTRJR »

If you want flow in the substrate, use RFUG at a fraction of the price. But you may want to avoid Sean'd dreaded Swords there as well. Even I am not that foolhardy/brave/whatever.
Jamie G

Post by Jamie G »

Im not sure what I want, or want to do. Ive had this tank for 2 years and have only had it filled 1 time for 1 month housing a friends fish. Thats why I came here, for inspiration and a kick in the pants.
SCMurphy
Site Admin

Post by SCMurphy »

[QUOTE=hOAGART] Im not sure what I want, or want to do. Ive had this tank for 2 years and have only had it filled 1 time for 1 month housing a friends fish. Thats why I came here, for inspiration and a kick in the pants.[/QUOTE]

No one here wants to give you a kick in the pants...I was just trying to illustrate the "visible" possible problem with the cables. The "invisible" stuff is honestly more than most people want to know about, or even need to know to have a really nice tank and thoroughly enjoy the hobby. What more can you ask of your hobby than simple enjoyment? I just happen to be an aquatic ecologist and the stupidly indepth stuff is what I call fun, you know the "I are a Collage Gra'jit" syndrome.

As to the scientific paper, I believe I have it in pdf format, maybe there is a simple way to post it for anyone looking for an insomnia aid.
"したくさ" Sean

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

If you've got bait, I've got wasabi!

I wish I could be like Mr. Sarcastic when I grow up! ;)
Jamie G

Post by Jamie G »

Although im not the brightest crayon in the box, and it takes me 100 questions to get it, I enjoy learning the "invisible" stuff. And I need a kick in the pants to get this started, I have been reading and researching for 3 years, its time to actually do it. I have most of my hardware in place, i just need some CO2 tubing. Then on to the fun stuff. I work in a publishing company, so if you need that PDF converted to another format let me know.

Sponsors