Fire Blue Shrimp or Blue Aura Shrimp

Discuss planted aquarium inhabitants
jweis

Fire Blue Shrimp or Blue Aura Shrimp

Post by jweis »

Has anyone seen these shrimp before?

http://theshrimplab.com/store/?p=319
Julie
37g planted, 11g planted, and three 5.2g planted shrimp tanks.
Cristy Keister

Post by Cristy Keister »

No, but it looks like they used a blue light to enhance the color.
seiji64

Post by seiji64 »

I'm still waiting for the dust to settle on these shrimp. They are listed as "supposedly" neocaridina on shrimp lab, but they have since been tagged as Caridina. The first offerings were sold a while ago, but I can't find folks posting pictures of their shrimp and offspring. You'd think they would have by now. If you look on the Canadian version of the site under Caridina, you'll see different pics with a more pearl blue coloration.

Doug
jweis

Post by jweis »

I want something light blue. I posted a WTB blue pearl in the Swap area of the forum. HOpefully I can find some locally without having to order them online .
Julie
halak

Post by halak »

Julie,

Rachel has some Caridina hodgarti (Green rocket shrimp) for sale: $4 each or 8/$30. I read that they reproduce in freshwater. She should be able to bring stuff to the October meeting.

She also has some Atyoida pilipes (green lace, "small" fan filter shrimp) for $6; she mentioned this species during her talk.
Viktor
jweis

Post by jweis »

halak wrote:Julie,

Rachel has some Caridina hodgarti (Green rocket shrimp) for sale: $4 each or 8/$30. I read that they reproduce in freshwater. She should be able to bring stuff to the October meeting.

She also has some Atyoida pilipes (green lace, "small" fan filter shrimp) for $6; she mentioned this species during her talk.
Good suggestions thanks. I might buy some of the Green Rockets. the Green lace shrimp don't breed in aquariums, so they are out.
Julie

Sponsors