White Cloud Mountain Minnows

Discuss planted aquarium inhabitants
krisw
Site Admin

White Cloud Mountain Minnows

Post by krisw »

I brought inside my white clouds from the pond for the year. I put out a dozen for mosquito control, but netted about 20 so far, which isn't too bad. There are a ton of smaller fry out there, which I'll try to raise up indoors, but I don't usually have too much luck with that. The colors on the white clouds are great, though!

150EH

Post by 150EH »

Good color Kris, how long is he overall?
Sincerely,
Tim
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Thanks Tim! They max out around 1.5 inches. Most of mine are between 1 and 1.5 inches.
Jim Miller

Post by Jim Miller »

Beautiful pic of a beautiful fish! You're really rockin' with that camera!

Critter care ain't bad either! :lol:

On your blog on this topic you mentioned your BN fry are coming along. Are they happy as a singleton or are they better kept as a group? I'm thinking about adding one to my tank.

Thanks

Jim
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Jim, the Bristlenose can be kept as singles, but they do seem to be a social bunch, so I'd recommend more than one. Besides, if you took any of mine, they're barely an inch, so you'd want quite a few for any noticeable algae removal until they get larger... (That can take awhile)
Jim Miller

Post by Jim Miller »

Thanks!

jim
DelawareJim

Re: White Cloud Mountain Minnows

Post by DelawareJim »

krisw wrote:I brought inside my white clouds from the pond for the year. I put out a dozen for mosquito control, but netted about 20 so far, which isn't too bad. There are a ton of smaller fry out there, which I'll try to raise up indoors, but I don't usually have too much luck with that. The colors on the white clouds are great, though!

Sweet!

Fab colors Kris!

I'll have to buy some from you to do the same. I've tried Endlers last year and this year and they don't really do that well up here.

Cheers.
Jim
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Jim, you should be able to find them for like $.99/fish in most stores. That's why they ended up my mosquito crew in the first place -- I just happen to also really like them. ;-)
DelawareJim

Post by DelawareJim »

Right.

I've always liked them as well. They were some of the first tropicals I had.

Outdoors, I used Endlers because, of course, I had lots of them. I know White Clouds are prevalent in stores but I prefer to buy from fellow club members as I know exactly what I'm getting.

Cheers.
Jim
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Gotcha -- hobbyist diseases are better than fish store diseases! LOL! :mrgreen:

I'll have to see how many of the small fry I'm able to raise indoors. Right now, 20 adults look about the perfect number in my tank... I've done the Endlers before too, and end up with WAY too many at the end of the summer.

Sponsors