New tank pics!!

Show us your pictures!
Cory

Post by Cory »

Are there new fish to your setup? My blue eyes rainbows, P. signifer, are hard on one another, I dunno how the larger ones act. Flukes are a possiblity but it is also not practical to watch and say you diagnose the fish. If I think they are able to take it, I use kosher salt and prazi on my new fish if i'm worried about them. Both work to the same end, i think please correct this if it's blasphemy, protecting the fishes homeostatic balance by producing a thicker slime coat, which will also block bacteria from getting into scrapes or cuts from shipping or aggression. I also use prazi if i notice a fish flashing against surfaces, and step up my water changes after 72h.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Susan - curling leaves is almost always a sign of calcium deficiency. If you live near Ghazanfar the chances are that your water is too soft. Have you been adding some Seachem Equillibrium after each water change? Add enough to bring the GH up 2 degrees according to the directions.
Last edited by Aaron on Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ghazanfar Ghori
Site Admin

Post by Ghazanfar Ghori »

Susan, could you upload a picture of the affected plant?
That may help...
gills

Post by gills »

I will try and upload a picture later tonight. Where can you get this Seachem Equillibrium? (Ghazanfar, anywhere out west?)

I have been using the Flourish, Excel, and also a bit of Iron.
Ghazanfar Ghori
Site Admin

Try Fins n Feathers. If they don't have it in stock - ask them to see if
they'll order some in for you.
gills

Updated Pics!

Post by gills »

This isn't the best picture, but I finally had my camera handy so I thought I would post a more recent picture. This was right before I trimmed the tank a couple of nights ago...and cleaned it.

The white on the wood is an algea. It is finally dying off, thanks to Excel! I am still having the string algae problem. Hope to resolve that soon by purchasing a doser.
Attachments
jan06_fishtank.jpg
jan06_fishtank.jpg (128.34 KiB) Viewed 1743 times
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Are you sure the white on the wood isn't a fungus? I had something similar, and I've seen both nerite snails, and bristlenose plecos eat it up in a day.
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Hit submit by mistake.. The tank is look really good. Seems like everything has progressed quite a bit!
gills

Post by gills »

The white on the wood was green and thriving until I took an eyedropper full of the Excel and applied it directly to the patches of algae. That seemed to do the trick. Now I just need to figure a way to get the "dead" (or at least struggling) algae off the wood. =( I had also tried the Excel in high doses in the water and that seemed to work also, just not as quickly (Ghazanfar suggested that)
Last edited by gills on Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghazanfar Ghori
Site Admin

Looking pretty good! Do you have any Amano shrimp in there?

Sponsors