Tropical Fish World

Have a comment or suggestion? Let's hear it...
magsdez

Tropical Fish World

Post by magsdez »

Just wanted to pass along a complement. There's a saying in costumer service that if you give good service, no one hears about it, but if you give bad service, 10 people hear about it. Well, I just wanted to pass along a GOOD experience! Scott, his brother (Tom), and I went to TFW on Friday looking for equipment for Tom's new aquarium. I asked one of the sale's people if they honored the GWAPA 10% for equipment, or was it only for fish and plants. He got right back to me after asking the owner to tell me "yes". Shortly thereafter, the owner came over and we had a wonderful 15-20 min conversation about shrimp, fish, and plants. He (as with all of the staff I've come across there) was very helpful and courtious.
I just wanted to pass that along. I'm thinking business may not be the best right now because he kept thanking us for coming in. If you need honest information and some good looking fish, he's one of the top in our list.
Bridget
JSnyder

Post by JSnyder »

I'm going to go ahead and second everything Bridget says. We went to TFW a couple of meetings ago, and were browsing the fish and plants. I walked into the saltwater section (which at the time was in the throws of an major algae battle/breakdown/cleanup) and the owner came over and explained that the di resin he was getting from the water company wasn't up to par and that he was overhauling the entire system. We continued talking and I told him I was a member of gwapa, and we started talking about the plants and fish he had as well as suppliers he received from. He said he was interested in possibly hosting a meeting at his store. Very nice guy (and store) who's willing to go out of his way and help.
Jon Snyder
halak

Post by halak »

They have green shrimp for 2.99 or 3.99 (I don't remember which one). Cheaper if you buy 4.
Viktor
ricoishere

Post by ricoishere »

I will jump in here head first. I went to this store all the way from Columbia just because they were so helpful and cordial over the phone, when other LFSs are not. You would think in this type of hobby, there would be a bit more pleasant personalities, I find that it's not so commonplace. I've spoken with most of them in the DC Metro area, and found customer service to be lacking. When calling a store, and asking for a species of fish, I would get " you'll just have to come in and take a look, I can't go look in the tanks" to getting hung up on. I mean, I've purchased quite a few fish around here, and my money is green. So, to end, TFW will continue getting my business.
Just as a sidenote, when I made my furst purchase there, I asked about certain fish, one young man said he would even deliver to my office so I don't have to drive all around the Beltway! This is NORDSTROM level service! When the fish arrive to me, this young man has lunch on me anywhere he wants! :P
Rome wasn't built in a day

I can grow any algae!

:roll:
PaulS

Post by PaulS »

I stopped by TFW on my way home from the meeting on Sat. The owner, Jim, was there and he came over and introduced himself and then spent at least 15 minutes showing me around and talking. He even gave me "shortcut" directions to get home. Very nice guy and top notch service. Jim gave me the 10% GWAPA discount on the fish and the dry foods that I purchased. They most definitely will get my business again in the future.

Sponsors