October meeting?

News & upcoming events
Ghazanfar Ghori
Site Admin

Post by Ghazanfar Ghori »

Don't forget - Nominations will be accepted at this meeting.
Elections for next years board will be at the next meeting.
gills

Post by gills »

I'm planning on coming. I am setting my tank up on Sunday, so if anyone has any plants they want to sell off I would love to take advantange of the auction. This is my initial setup so I am starting with zero plants!
Ghazanfar Ghori
Site Admin

Someone bring a bucket-o-plants for gills please.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I will have plenty. :mrgreen:
Ghazanfar Ghori
Site Admin

Aaron - can you please bring a few bottles of Flourish Iron for me
from the stock pile?

Sean - bags please?

Thanks!
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Nathan has the stock pile. He gets in less trouble when he brings boxes of stuff home. :mrgreen:
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Many thanks to David and his fiance for hosting the meeting. Those of you who couldn't make it missed out on seeing David's sweet vivarium setup in person. He had to have at least 30 different species of frogs. :)
GaryPokrant

Post by GaryPokrant »

Aaron,
Thanks for the great presentation on Dosing. I leaned alot.

Thanks to all for making my second GWAPA meeting so educational and enjoyable.
Gary C. Pokrant
gills

Post by gills »

Just wanted to let everyone know that the plants that you all sold me are doing great! Ghazanfar gave me a few pointers on changing a few of my planting techniques (plant some things deeper, etc.) when he stopped by to generously help me out on my CO2 regulator.

I recently put lots of fish in the tank and it is looking great. Not 100% clear yet, but getting there. Hopefully I won't have a huge alge bloom anytime soon! I ended up putting tetras and rainbow fish in my tank. I will have to take pics when the plants are a little more shaped and grown.

My only thing that I wonder about right now is I have a very thin film of oils on the surface of the water. Not sure what that caused that other than maybe something on my hands? Driftwood? Anyway, does anyone have a suggestion on how to get rid of it? I actually don't recall noticing it until I put the fish in.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their support! My husband, myself and daughter have been staring at it now for hours! =)

Susan
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Susan,

I'm glad everything is coming along nicely. We'll hope for no algae, but don't let it discourage you if you do get some. Even Ghazanfar has it now and then. :mrgreen:

The thin film of oil on the top of the water is a build up of proteins. It's nothing to worry about. You can run some sort of flow to disturb the surface in the evening hours to break this film up.

Sponsors