Florida End of September

News & upcoming events
Ltrepeter2000

Florida End of September

Post by Ltrepeter2000 »

I will be going to Orlando by car at the end of September and was looking for some places relatively close to 95 that the group would recommend I stop at on my way back to get some new plants and or critters to go in some of my tanks. I will not have a huge amount of room for tanks but could probably take two 10 gallon tanks with me to transport items (or similar sized storage) I am also open to picking up items for group members if you arrange with me prior to my trip and I can find the items at places down there. Let me know.

Rob
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Are you inquiring about purchasing plants/fish or did you want to do come collecting from the wild? If you want to collect some plants any ditch you see along the side of the road will be filled with plants suitable for the aquarium.

I know a few people who are looking for interesting Nerite snails such as the Virgin Nerites that are local to Florida.
Ltrepeter2000

Post by Ltrepeter2000 »

Ok I can look to get some of the Virgin Nerites while I am there if you can get me a rough guestimate on needed since I already planned on picking some of those up for myself.

I may do a bit of both since I have planned an extra day in travel home. I would really like to visit a couple of good fish/plant farms down there if they are close enough to the major roads.
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Hi Rob,

I know I'd be interested in 20-40 snails if you find them in quantity. Basically, if you can find them, I'm sure you'll have no trouble offloading however many you come back with.
gnatster

Post by gnatster »

Yeah, I'd take a few 1000 off your hands myself.
Nathan
Ltrepeter2000

Post by Ltrepeter2000 »

Still need some feedback from those of you that have been to Florida. I will be going to Orlando and want to stop at a few places on the way home. I have noticed that most of the farms seem to be down in the Tampa area but I am hoping that some of the group know of places more on the way back up from Orlando. Thanks

Rob
Robert Peterson
"Mr. Sarcastic"

The work will wait while you show a child a rainbow,
but the rainbow wont wait while you do the work

-Unknown-
Bgssamson

Post by Bgssamson »

Ltrepeter2000 wrote:Ok I can look to get some of the Virgin Nerites while I am there if you can get me a rough guestimate on needed since I already planned on picking some of those up for myself.

I may do a bit of both since I have planned an extra day in travel home. I would really like to visit a couple of good fish/plant farms down there if they are close enough to the major roads.
Count me in with this snails!

-Brian
Ltrepeter2000

Post by Ltrepeter2000 »

Ok It looks like I will need one of my containers just for the Virgin Nerites......upon return from the trip these will need to be picked up from me pretty quickly. Still looking for advice on places to stop along the way home. Have been searching the net and havent really come across much.
Robert Peterson
"Mr. Sarcastic"

-Unknown-
Ltrepeter2000

Post by Ltrepeter2000 »

Just another request for assistance in locating fish farms that are somewhat readily accessible to I 95 coming back from Orlando or in the Orlando area.....and any other requests for plants or critters that I need to add please send me a message.....

Thanks
Rob
Robert Peterson
"Mr. Sarcastic"

-Unknown-
Ltrepeter2000

Post by Ltrepeter2000 »

Hey More on the Virgin Nerites.....anyone know of any specific locations that I might find these in the wild so I could look at doing some collecting in lieu of purchasing.....let me know
Thanks
Rob
Robert Peterson
"Mr. Sarcastic"

-Unknown-

Sponsors