2018 Aquatic Experience

News & upcoming events
DonkeyFish

2018 Aquatic Experience

Post by DonkeyFish »

I'm being asked if GWAPA is fielding a team to compete this year since it's so much closer. There's been chatter about people wanting to go, it's time to really hash it out if there's going to be a team entry to get started and make sure to get in a registration.

I was planning on competing anyhow, not sure if I'd be allowed to be on multiple teams.
It is not murder if you're killing snails.
JLW

Re: 2018 Aquatic Experience

Post by JLW »

I'm going, and creating a team separately.
It's called "Beat Jen Williams."

We probably won't win, but we are bringing fully grown Vallisneria americana, and lots of Manzanita.
><>
Tim_Koles

Post by Tim_Koles »

So this forum have been dead lately - summer doldrums.

Im interested in going to Aquatic Experience but can't commit fully until I see how things are going in September. Would be up for a road trip and splitting a room. Not sure about entering a tank though, my aesthetics seem to be a bit off from what I have seen in other entries. If I do go, I can be counted on to give a hand though.

Preferable the sitting on my butt and clapping loudly kind ;)
DonkeyFish

Post by DonkeyFish »

BRING. IT. JOSH.
everyone else thinking about going, to buy a weekend pass is $99. To enter the nano contest which gives you a free weekend pass is $125. Something to think about....... :)
scientist0724

Post by scientist0724 »

Yeah...I don't think that I'll be able to compete this year. Having surgery on my wrist on the 20th and will be in a hard cast for about 3 to 4 weeks. And then after that, I'm going to have to be careful about putting weight on it and making sure that I'm not twisting it around a lot for a bit.

Arlene
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein
JLW

Post by JLW »

Jen, don't worry, we are going to beat you, using the manzanita and vallisneria.

Even if we don't win, we are going to beat you.
><>
FishEggs

Post by FishEggs »

Don't worry Arlene, Tim said he would give you one of his hands.
Josh, I don't know if you will beat her with just manzanita and vallisneria. Might need to use some java moss too.
DonkeyFish

Post by DonkeyFish »

It's all in the clown puke gravel.

Oh crap. I gave away the secret. Guess you'll beat me for sure now.
Tim_Koles

Post by Tim_Koles »

Ok who is going to this? Still trying to make up my mind. Knowing that there are people to carpool with and roomies to split the cost of a room with will go a long way toward me making a decision one way or another
Wobblebonk

Post by Wobblebonk »

I'm thinking about it but I guess I should try to enter the small tank contest maybe? I thought it would have been all filled up but I think I just registered for that...
If I bring a co2 tank it's gonna be bigger than the tank as I only have 20# tanks. But I don't know yet if I would get a hotel or try to crash at my sister's house about 20 minutes away in Jersey city.

Actually I've just realized I don't own an in tank diffuser either but that's fairly cheap... but I don't understand if this means "• During the grow-out period, it is acceptable to use alternate lighting and CO2 diffusion systems" that I can hook up co2 and lights until the contest, or that is talking about before I bring anything to the contest?

Sponsors