March meeting Mt Airy MD

News & upcoming events
Cristy Keister

Post by Cristy Keister »

I have a small bunch. It's one of the slowest growing plants I've ever had.
ddavila06
GWAPA Member

Post by ddavila06 »

anyone wants guppies?
Damian Davila
"Fishes-up, chill, Plants too"
"so many plants, so little space!"
Jeff120
Site Admin

Post by Jeff120 »

I think I have some Ghaz
Jeff U.

ingg

Post by ingg »

Ghaz, I do, but trying to fill out the trees.... We'll talk when you get here. ;)
Dave
chris_todd

Post by chris_todd »

Amy and I will actually be bringing plants this time! While we may have some odds and ends we'll put together the morning of the meeting (maybe some guppy grass), we know we will have the following:

One very large Ozelot sword, with about 15 leaves, many of which are 12"+ long and 5" wide:

One rosette of crypt spiralis with about 5-6 leaves, each quite long (it's the rosette just behind the coffeefolia, not the much bigger mother plant in the back):

Finally, the Peacock moss Amy got back in January has absolutely exploded in her nano, and threatens to take over the whole tank, so she'll be trimming that:

And as an extra bonus, just this Saturday (because we can't do this all day), you get free snails and duckweed! :D Just joking, we'll try to clean the duckweed and snail eggs off everything, but can't guarantee 100% clean plants.
Cristy Keister

Post by Cristy Keister »

I'll be there with plants, but I don't have a list yet. I'll at least bring Java fern sp. Trident, Rotala colorata, ludwigia ovalis, and the below plant since they have created a dense mass over my tank.

Aaron, I bought one of your plants in the auction a couple of months ago... could it possibly be Egleria fluctuans? It's a stem without roots, pinnate leaves sorta like hornwort, but red in the right conditions. It's going nuts in my tank and is growing at a rate similar to najas! APC plantfinder says E. fluctuans is difficult, so I'm scratching my head.
Cavan

Post by Cavan »

Egleria fluctuans does not have pinnate leaves. I don't believe any of us have had it for a while anyway. I'm not sure what it could be based on your description.

I should be at the meeting.
Cristy Keister

Post by Cristy Keister »

Sorry, I used the term pinnate incorrectly. The leaves are not pinnate, but are very slender like hornwort.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Cristy Keister wrote:Sorry, I used the term pinnate incorrectly. The leaves are not pinnate, but are very slender like hornwort.
That could be it. I did have that plant at one time or another. It could also be Najas sp. 'Roraima' which I also spread around GWAPA.
Cristy Keister

Post by Cristy Keister »

That's it - Najas sp. 'Roraima'. No wonder it grows like Najas!

Sponsors