March meeting Mt Airy MD

News & upcoming events
chris_todd

Post by chris_todd »

Last minute request, I know, but if anyone has riccia fluitans, Amy would be interested in getting her hands on some (maybe a golf ball sized portion). Thanks!
SCMurphy
Site Admin

Post by SCMurphy »

EVERYONE,

Bring 1's and 5's to the meeting, I have a lack of change in the cash fund.
"したくさ" Sean

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

If you've got bait, I've got wasabi!

I wish I could be like Mr. Sarcastic when I grow up! ;)
ddavila06
GWAPA Member

Post by ddavila06 »

that sucks, i don't have anything but a $50 that i have been saving for today :?
Damian Davila
"Fishes-up, chill, Plants too"
"so many plants, so little space!"
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Damian, that's easy, you just have to spend $50 at the auction. ;-) Really though, please try not to ask us to change bills larger than a $20 at most any auction.
ddavila06
GWAPA Member

Post by ddavila06 »

Awesome meeting, awesome fish, awesome plants, awesome peoples, what else did we need today! (nicer weather) thats Dave for hosting, your tanks are soo kool, nice fish selection as well! thats everyone for the fish/plants/etc
Damian Davila
"Fishes-up, chill, Plants too"
"so many plants, so little space!"
chris_todd

Post by chris_todd »

I agree, that was another awesome meeting! Awesome plants in the auction as usual. I learned a lot as usual - all three DIY presentations will make it into our planted tank setups in the near future, I'm sure.

Dave, all your tanks are beautiful! Gorgeous plants, beautiful scapes, and no algae. How do you do that?!?!?! :) Thank you so much for hosting!
PaulS

Post by PaulS »

I echo the two previous comments from Chris and Damien. I also liked the "rotating" workshops format. It was fun and interesting. And very impressive tanks Dave.
ingg

Post by ingg »

Thanks guys!

Hardly algae free though, still battling in the 50g. New wood in a setup always means a challenge for me...
Dave
magsdez

Post by magsdez »

Though we missed most of the meeting, what we saw of it was great. Dave; loved seeing your tanks. Scott is inthralled by your 180. I quote him when I say "it was almost too beautiful to look at" He's been telling anyone with any fish knowledge about it. :mrgreen:

Thanks to Cavan and Maggie-I set up a DIY bubble counter out of a soda bottle and it's working!!!!!!!! :lol: We're going to recheck it in the morning. Currently, we're measure the co2 at about 2 bubble/sec which looks like is more than we've been dosing at. Thank you for the suggestion of the equipment to use.
Bridget
DelawareJim

Post by DelawareJim »

Thanks for hosting again Dave. Had a great time as usual.

Cheers.
Jim

Sponsors